4/10/18

A Simple Life

I've spent the last 20 years striving for the bigger and the better. I've worked hard building a career I can be proud of in the technology world.  My resume is full of certifications.  My husband and I have created a nice home for ourselves and our children. Wrong or right, we spent way too much of their childhood working to give them the things we thought they needed and wanted.

Recently I was faced with the probable loss of a child and I quickly realized how little all those things really meant to me. How quickly I would have traded them for a little more time with my son.

We were fortunate that we didn't have to face a true loss but the possibility, the nearness, was enough to make me reevaluate my wants, likely the only positive to come from the situation.  After much soul searching it turns out all I really want is the simple life in which I grew up.  I would like to magnify the time I spend with family and enjoy my surrounding.  Instead of guzzling my coffee during a mid-morning break, I would much rather sip it as I listen to the birds chirp. I don't think my wishes are insanely unique. I feel like most people would rather enjoy a simple life but we are programmed to believe we need lots of money, nice cars and big houses.  I have lost my programming. :)

Over the next few months I intend to find a way to restructure my personal life to better suit my wishes.  It can be done and I shall be successful. Watch and see!

Much love,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and try to respond to each one. Your comment will be published after it is reviewed.