1/21/20

Podcast Addiction: Introduction

I never would have guessed I would become one of those podcast loving people. BUT a few years back a coworker suggest I listen to a popular podcast. It was an interesting story and he was sure I would be intrigued. On average I spend at least an hour daily in my car so I thought...why not. What else am I going to do while I drive, concentrate on driving? 

And my friends that's all it took! After I finished that first podcast I was hooked. Surprisingly, I'm not addicted to a specific genre. There are several different genres to which I subscribe and listen to on a regular basis. Although I must admit I am drawn to the serial true crime podcasts. For those of you with little podcast exposure, a serial podcast is a series of chronological podcasts that tell a story. It's almost like reading a chapter book.

My iPhone connects to my car via bluetooth making listening so convenient. Because I am using my iPhone I am currently using the Apple podcast app. Any podcast I might suggest should be available there. I have, however, found that most podcasts are available on multiple streaming services. I currently have no opinion of which is better. I merely use what is available and convenient for me. 

Over the years I have listened to many different podcast and I find myself regularly looking for new options. So I was thinking I have an opinion! Why not share my opinion with my fellow bloggers, just in case you all are interested. The goal is to write a detailed post about a podcast I am listening to on a regular basis. I will receive nothing from any of these podcasters so the opinions will be true and raw.

By the way, that very first podcast that was suggested to me was S-Town. My coworker was correct, it is intriguing. Later I will do a more in-depth post about S-Town. For now if you are thinking of giving podcasts a try and you enjoy true crime check it out. But be aware you will likely become hooked.

Toodles,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and try to respond to each one. Your comment will be published after it is reviewed.