4/11/13

Give Rice Vocabulary Game



Several years ago I received an email from a friend. She knew I loved playing logic games. I hate playing video games always have. It makes me a nervous wreck. But give me a good logic game and I can play for hours.


freerice.com
This game is a win-win. Not only is it fun to test your vocabulary knowledge but for every word you get right the site donates 20 grains of rice to starving people around the world.  

You can play at FreeRice.com

John Breen, a computer programmer, developed the site back in 2009. Using the revenue generated from the on-site advertising he has been able to donate billions of grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Programme. To you and I a grain of rice may not mean much but to a starving child it is life.

Go see how many you can get right before you make a mistake. I got 83 today before I screwed up. But I now know that scepter = royal staff. Almost made it to 100.


freerice.com


2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so much fun! Everyone in our work place always played this during lunch hour! Did you have bad weather yesterday evening?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharіng your thoughts on Click Ηere.
    Rеgarԁs Learn Even more Here

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to each one. Your comment will be published after it is reviewed.