4/10/13

Why Don't I Have Cordless Tools?

Yesterday my daughter bought a new curling wand. If you don't have one I highly recommend giving one a try. They are so much easier than the old curling irons. Anyway, she was excited about her purchase and offered to do my hair. She did a fabulous job and I enjoyed having my hair played with. It can be so relaxing. Not to mention it was time with my 17 year-old, that doesn't happen often anymore.

While she was doing my hair she was getting frustrated with the cord. It always seems to be in the way. Eventually she says, "Mom why don't they make cordless hair tools?".  I told her I was sure they did but started thinking. 

My husband has every cordless tool Dewalt makes, as do most men...I'm sure.  They simply could not survive without that cordless drill and screwdriver. So why is it so uncommon to see a cordless hair straightener? Why don't I have an 18v cordless hairdryer with 65 interchangeable nozzles? I mean seriously, these are tools we use every day. I'm certain I use my hairdryer way more often than my husband uses his cordless jigsaw. And I can't count the times I've found myself frustrated by the limitation of that tangled, too short cord.

Do any of you have any experience with cordless hair care tools? I would love to hear about your experience and any suggestions you might have.


2 comments:

  1. Jessica, maybe I'm getting a bit carried away here with my comment... but... Totally and utterly agree with your + your daughter's point. This is WHY SHE must go to college, do well in math, join a toast masters club and so become a captain of industry and change the whole electronics industry around. Your daughter asks the right questions already. If she can get herself into a position of power, the next generation will not only have cordless hair care tools, these will be far superior and safer too. What do you think ? smile, Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if only I could convince her of that. She is a smart cookie and obviously a thinker. Now if only she will channel that ambition of hers.
      Thanks Rose for stopping by my blog today. Your comment certainly brightened my day.

      Delete

I love comments and try to respond to each one. Your comment will be published after it is reviewed.