10/16/15

Friday Frets - Feet Draggers

fret

  [fret] (noun): an irritated state of mind; annoyance; vexation.

Friday's Frets are my little rants about something that annoys me, most often without reason. We all have them, those little peeves that you may or may not notice.

It just drives me crazy, the sound of someone dragging their feet. I'm sure it goes totally unnoticed by the person.  

I'm sure there are some that it is only an occasional occurrence when they are truly fatigued and somehow exhuming their last bits of energy to walk.

But for most it is merely a habitual trait of laziness. 

I notice it most often in the office.  My office is off one of the main hallways in the building I work in.  So unfortunately for me I get the pleasure of hearing everyone's hallway voyages and the hallways are not carpeted.

Over the years I have learned the distinction of foot patterns by person.  And most everyone has a distinct walk. Most I don't mind...it is almost a game at this point...guessing before they come into site.  BUT there are those that insist on dragging their feet. On days when I am trying very hard to concentrate I just want to scream, "Pick up your feet, there is no need to make that much noise walking!".  

When my daughter was younger she had a habit of sliding her feet instead of making crisp steps. Every time I heard her feet slide I would point it out. Now she points it out as well.

Not only does the sound annoy but it also makes you look lazy.  Believe me there is nothing graceful about dragging your feet.

Please don't drag your feet when you walk...if for no other reason than perhaps there is someone like me near that is barely holding on to sanity.  Do you want to be responsible for my break?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and try to respond to each one. Your comment will be published after it is reviewed.