It's hard to find the perfect thing to write in a birthday card. You want something meaningful and witty but not tacky.
So here are some basic rules:
- If you know the person well enough, use an inside joke. It will make the message personal. This will let the person know that you actually thought of them while you were writing the message.
- Reflect on something from the past. Let the recipient know what they mean to you. Noting an experience from the past will remind the receiver that he/she is important to you.
- Always portray a positive message.
- Say your message aloud before you write it. Sometimes a message sounds differently when said aloud than when in your head.
If all else fails use one of these ideas.
- Look to the future, because the best is yet to come.
- I hope "your" day is filled with love and laughter.
- Here's to another year of success, health, and happiness.
- A true friend will remember your birthday and forget your age!
- As you grow older, be sure to grow richer in all the important things in life.