3/21/13

No More Stinky Shoe


We all love that cute little pair of ballet flats or even those new shiny open-toed heels. And for Heaven's sake, you can't wear socks with them and pantyhose just aren't chic anymore. 

But my guess is that all of you have the same issues I do with stinky feet and shoes if you wear them all day with bare feet. Am I right?



I've tried foot powder...works but it is messy.

I've tried the cute socks you can wear with flats...they are cute but if I walk a lot I find myself having to reposition them often. And they don't work with open-toe.

Then last week I had this clever idea. Pantyliners! Most have odor absorbing properties and they have an adhesive back. Plus they cost very little and are easily disposable.

It's simple, stick one in each shoes before wearing. They absorb the sweat and odor while wearing. Then after wearing just pull them out and into the trash they go with all the days stink.



They are so thin you barely know they are there. They work with any shoe type. If necessary you can always trim them down.

My teenage daughter was mortified at the thought that someone might see that she had a pantyliner in her shoe.  My response was that it is no longer a "panty" liner, it is now a "shoe" liner. And hey, what is more embarrassing stinky feet or pantyliners?


Truly LovelySugar Bee CraftsSomeday I'll Learn

22 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! what an idea!! I do not think I have ever considered!! I stick with plain old boring newspaper and febreeze.
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.
    thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I am happy to follow back.

      Delete
  2. GENIOUS! I use Febreeze at night in my Keds after wearing them all day, but I have to do it everyday. You are one smart cookie! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you come up with this stuff??!! You are so smart girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for stinky shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, but I can't say it's not a genius idea. Coz it is. Will share this with the females in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi visiting from the blog hop, this is a group ideal! I am a nurse and I have forever had this trouble and I wear socks, I resorted to wear clogs all the time. So, I am gonna pull out my shoes that I never wear and see if it works with them. Thank you,
    http://fitandbeyond40.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great idea! I definitely suffer from the stinky shoe/feet syndrome! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow! i would not have thought about that! it's funny to think about it but girl you're right, when the panty liners are on our shoes they're no longer panty liners, they're now shoe liners! i am definitely going to try this...

    by the way, thanks for following me, i followed you back!
    huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Genius idea! I nominated you for a Liebester award :) Check it out...http://www.thenonmarthamomma.com/2013/03/awards-awards-and-more-awards.html

    Jackie
    www.thenonmarthamomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! Hi! I nominated you for a Liebester award :) Check it out...sourdoughnative.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm coming over here from your feature over on sugar bee crafts, and this is so stinking (HA!) smart. totally going to try this, b/c i loooove my flats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's totally genius! I would use them in my shoes, but I have a feeling my daughter will faint if I only mention this to her .. lol {I will, however, just to see her face!} Thank you for sharing this tip at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS Link party !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at www.SugarBeeCrafts.com - you were featured yesterday!
    - - Mandy, Sugar Bee Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome. I would have never thought to do this. Do you think I could get my son to put them in his baseball cleats? lol Pinning!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really genius idea! Actually, at first, I was thinking the same way as your daughter, but you're right, stinky shoes are much more embarrassing than panty liners!

    p.s. found you via Diana Rambles PinMe party

    ReplyDelete
  16. That really is a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing it at Fancy This Fridays! We featured you today! ;) http://www.trulylovelyblog.net/2013/03/fancy-this-fridays-120-and-features/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do this! Never realized but yes, it does stop the stinky. ha! But my original reason for putting them in my shoes was because I hated the sticky sound that my flats made when I walked. I only had to replace mine when they wore thin. Never no stinky!!! Thanks for sharing. Come visit me sometime. www.lifeawayfromtheofficechair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! Great idea, but my son with the stinky feet would NEVER go for it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to each one. Your comment will be published after it is reviewed.